YOUR AGREEMENT WITH TRAVEL MACHINE
Before we make or finalize arrangements for your trip, we require that you sign below or click “I Agree” on our website. Your signature or click will signify your agreement with the following terms and conditions:
1. Travel Documents: You agree to review your itinerary and other travel documents for accuracy and to inform us promptly of any issues or errors. The names on your documents must match your government-issued ID. Travel Machine Louisiana LLC (“Travel Machine”) is not responsible nor liable for any errors in itinerary or travel documents.
2. Agent for Suppliers: “Travel Machine Louisiana LLC. (“Travel Machine”) acts as a sales agent forTravel Machine is not affiliated with any airline, hotel, car-rental company, tour operator, cruise line, or other service provider named in your itinerary or confirmation (“Suppliers”). We are Travel Machine is not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers or their failure to adhere to their own any schedules, to provide services or refunds, financial default, or failure or to honor future trip credits. Travel Machine is also not liable or responsible for the financial default of Suppliers. We have no Travel Machine does not have special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers. and no Travel Machine shall not have any liability or responsibility for recommending a trip credit in lieu of a refund.
3. Risks of Travel and Release: We Travel Machine assumes no responsibility for and shall not be liable for the acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under our control person or entity or any acts of God, natural disasters, unsafe conditions, terrorism, health hazards (including pandemics), illness, weather hazards, governmental orders and regulations, property conditions or the suitability for a disabled person of any portion of any trip. We Travel Machine have has no special knowledge of the above-referenced items or the dangers during travel or at destinations and you hold Travel Machine harmless from obtaining such knowledge. You are solely responsible for conducting research and obtaining information regarding the foregoing and any and all conditions related travel and you acknowledge that Travel Machine has not provided you with any specific advice. For general information, you may obtain information from the United States State Department travel website at www.travel.state.gov in which you can search for “Find International Travel Information” and for the “Country Information” in order to search the name of your destination country. For general medical and health information, you may review the Centers for Disease Control website located at www.cdc.gov/travel and you can search for “Destinations.” For information related to such dangers, we recommend going to the State Department travel website at www.travel.state.gov, click on “Find International Travel Information” then click on “Country Information”, and fill in the name of the destination country. For medical and health information, we recommend going to the Centers for Disease Control website at www.cdc.gov/travel, then click on “Destinations” and scroll to the name of the destination country. It is your personal decision to travel, and you are doing so with full knowledge based on your own research of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions. You hereby expressly assume all risks, conditions, dangers, events and hazards related to travel, your travel plans, your travel arrangements and your destinations and you hereby expressly waive, release and hold Travel Machine harmless from any and all such risks, conditions, dangers, events and hazards. This waiver, release and hold harmless applies to any and all claims, causes of action, rights of action, damages, relief and amounts and further includes, but is in no way limited to, any and all economic losses, economic damages, compensatory damages, general damages, special damages, emotional damages, physical injuries, personal injuries, death, bodily harm, disfigurement, incidental damages, medical expenses, lost compensation or benefits, consequential damages, pecuniary and non-pecuniary relief, equitable relief, injunctive relief, liquidated damages, punitive damages, treble damages, penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, costs, expenses and any damages and relief of whatsoever kind and character. This waiver, release and hold harmless applies to Travel Machine and all of its members, managers, equity holders, officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors, successors-in-interest, affiliates, employees, agents, independent contractors, consultants, insurers, guarantors, associates, affiliated persons and entities, guides, and group leaders. This waiver, release and hold harmless also applies to any and all other items for which Travel Machine disclaims liability and responsibility as set forth herein, including Sections 1 through 10 of this agreement..
Destination Entry Rules: You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, government identification, visa, vaccination, testing and any other entry requirements and restrictions of your destination and your connecting points, and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination. Many countries require your passport to be valid for six months or more after your date of entry. Some countries will not admit persons convicted of a crime. Some countries require both parents’ consent for minors to travel. Please refer to the following websites for required documentation and entry rules and conduct your own research: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification and https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html
Fees and Price Drops: You agree to pay the travel planning fees, change fees, and other fees listed at www.travelmachine.net/fees. All of Travel Machine’s fees are non-refundable. If a Supplier drops the price of a trip after booking, Travel Machine will try to assist you with rebooking if the Supplier allows it, and a fee may apply. Travel Machine does not guarantee any refunds or successful rebooking.
6. Price Increases: Travel arrangements involving airline and cruise components are subject to Suppliers’ supplemental price increases that may be imposed by the Supplier and/or governmental entities, even after you have completed your purchase. You hereby consent to any such price increases and authorize your credit or debit card to be used for them and for Travel Machine to process such charges. Suppliers have their own contracts covering cancellation penalties and other terms and conditions, and you may be bound by those contracts regardless of whether you receive notice of their terms.
7. Reservation Rule Violations. You agree not to purchase a ticket or tickets containing flight segments that you will not be using, such as a “point-beyond”, “hidden-city”, or “back-to-back tickets”. You further agree not to purchase a round-trip ticket that you plan to use only for one-way travel. You acknowledge that the airlines generally prohibit all such tickets, and therefore we do not guarantee that the airline will honor your ticket or tickets. If you do not use one of the flights in your reservation, the airline will cancel your remaining itinerary, and it may confiscate your frequent flyer points. You agree to indemnify Travel Machine for any and all airline claims or changes for the difference between the full fare of your actual itinerary and the value of the ticket or tickets that you purchased
8. Insurance: For your protection, Travel Machine strongly recommends that you purchase trip cancellation insurance, travel insurance and travel accident insurance. Please note that most insurance policies and programs have a specific clause stating they do not cover epidemics and pandemics, especially when travel warnings are in place. No representation or description of the insurance made by Travel Machine’s staff constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the insurance. You are solely responsible for obtaining and reviewing all specific terms, conditions, exclusions, exceptions and coverages as related to any trip cancellation insurance, travel insurance and travel accident insurance. You expressly waive, release and hold Travel Machine harmless for any consequence of your election not to purchase trip cancellation insurance, travel insurance, travel accident insurance or any other insurance and for the denial of any insurer or provider of any claim made by you as it relates to such insurance for any reason whatsoever, including, but in no way limited to, denials based on any pandemic or COVID-19.
9. Credit Card Merchant: Use of a credit card generally provides a customer the best protection and rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act if the customer does not receive services purchased. You agree that if Travel Machine is the credit card merchant and Travel Machine’s role is to facilitate the sale, collect funds on your behalf, and remit those funds to the Suppliers. If the Suppliers do not provide the services, you agree that your only recourse would be against the Suppliers and that Travel Machine has no liability or responsibility, and you agree not to initiate a chargeback against Travel Machine.
10. Claims Deadline and Exclusive Jurisdiction: You agree to present any claims that you contend that you have against Travel Machine within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the trip or travel scheduled and booked with Travel Machine. If you contend that you have any claims which have not been released or waived herein or for which you have otherwise held Travel Machine harmless (which Travel Machine asserts that any and all claims related to our services and your travel have been released and waived herein), you expressly agree to a one (1) year statute of limitations or prescriptive period commencing from the first date of your scheduled and booked travel arrangements. Any and all legal claims must be initiated within this one (1) year period. You expressly waive any other longer statute of limitation or prescriptive period. You agree that Lafayette Parish, Louisiana shall be the sole and exclusive venue for any and all legal claims against Travel Machine and you expressly consent to the exclusive and sole jurisdiction and venue of the Courts in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana. You expressly waive the right to initiate and maintain any legal proceedings in any other parish, county or state and you expressly submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana. Moreover, the laws of the State of Louisiana shall apply without regard to the application of conflict of laws principles. You further agree that if Travel Machine prevails in any legal action or lawsuit, Travel Machine shall have the right to recover and you shall be liable to pay any and all attorney’s fees, court costs and expenses incurred by Travel Machine.